Friday, August 24, 2012

About My Grandmother

 
My Grandma Ruby


     My grandmother ,Ruby, was a GREAT COOK.She was a devoted wife,mother and grandmother.Though she passed away long before I was born ,I've heard so many great stories of her huge parties where the entire road was invited.At church and in my community she is still remembered as an upstanding Christian and  for her delicious food.My mother has said that whatever she cooked was great and tasted different from everyone else's cooking.Back then gas stoves weren't used but coal stoves.Her recipes included ingredients that today are no longer a part of modern Jamaican cooking .Such as Gherkins,Mustard greens,Indian kale, Jhingi,Squash, Karaili, Long beans,Cilantro(Dhania)

My mommy cutting her Birthday Cake,A two tired cake for a two year old now that is CUTE :)




A special thanks to my cousin Sunita for sending me these pictures :)







No comments:

Post a Comment